Welcome to the OBB Competition II.
This time, there are two divisions, Representational and Tessellations.
There will be one winner for each division, chosen by a panel of judges,
who will both receive a prize worth $70
To enter, purchase the Booklet for the division you want to join
and fill out the form below.
*Proceeds go to the Judges and future prizes
OBB Comp II Sign Up Form
Make sure to purchase the booklets before filling out the form
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Digital Book of your choosing
from Origami-Shop.com + Origami World Marathon III Tickets
Click Image to Follow
- You will have until May 31st to fold and shape the Origami to the best of your abilities
- Submit on Instagram using the hashtag #obbdotdesign Minimum 3 photos of different angles. Maximum 10 photos (Instagram Limit per single post)
- The Judges will score your folds and the highest scoring fold will win
- All participant scores will be kept on a leaderboard to track for future competitions
- Glue and MC allowed for shaping
- Painting is allowed for both divisions.
- No cuts
- Non-square paper can be used for tessellation division.
- Distributing or posting diagrams will result in disqualification
- If you are under age 18, parental consent is required
Folds will be judged on various categories from a scale of 1-10. The categories are also weighed towards your final score separately to make folding more competitive. Judging will take place June 1-14th
-Execution: 35% (How well you fold the model, no extra creases, no blatant mistakes) (Legs: 12%, Body: 12%, Head: 11%).
-Shaping: 45% (How well the model is finished, no extra glue marks, proper proportions, purposeful pose, emotional response) *Shaping will also have a Creativity multiplier. This will reward creativity but not at the cost of other categories.
-Presentation: 20% (Photography, display, background, paint, paper choice, textures)
-Execution: 75% (How well you fold the model, no extra creases, wrinkles, or rips. No blatant mistakes.)(molecule execution 30%, overall execution 45%)
-Presentation: 25% (Photography, display, background, texture)
-Difficulty: 1.(Given the molecule, its up to you to use it! Difficulty increases with the amount of molecules folded within the sheet and with creative takes such as finding a recursive solution, tiling into unique shapes, and more! What will you come up with?) *Difficulty will be scored as a multiplier. This will greatly reward pushing the limits with the molecule.