Welcome to the OBB Competition VI.
The challenge is an amazing Sea Turtle
designed by Joseph Hwang
The shell is elegantly merged into this design which
provides an excellent folding experience.
What will you do to make your fold rise above the rest?
There will be one winner chosen by a panel of judges
who will receive a prize worth up to $100
To Enter: Purchase Joseph's Book:
or the Sea Turtle Diagram
and fill out the form below.
If you already purchased Marine Origami, you can join the OBB Competition,
Just make sure to fill out the Sign Up Form.
*Proceeds go to the Judges and future prizes
Marine Origami on Amazon for North American purchases:
Marine Origami on Origami-shop for Origami Shop
non-North American purchases:
OBB Comp VI Sign Up Form
Make sure to purchase the booklets before filling out the form
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Digital Book of your choosing
from Origami-Shop.com + OWM 4 Tickets
and Digital Trophy
Click Image to Follow
- You will have until May 31st to fold and shape the Origami to the best of your abilities
- Submit on Instagram using the hashtag #obbdotdesign Minimum 3 photos of different angles. Maximum 10 photos (Instagram Limit per single post)
- The Judges will score your folds and the highest scoring fold will win
- All participant scores will be kept on a leaderboard to track for future competitions
- Glue and MC allowed for shaping
- Painting paper is ok but not after folding
- No cuts
- Distributing or posting diagrams will result in disqualification and perma-ban
- Joining the competition is an acceptance of terms and conditions.
- If you are under age 18, parental consent is required
Folds will be judged on various categories from a scale of 1-10. The categories are also weighed towards your final score separately to make folding more competitive. Judging will take place June 1-14th
-Execution: 35% (How well you fold the model, no extra creases, no blatant mistakes) (Front Legs: 8%, Back Legs: 7%, Shell: 10%, Head: 10%).
-Shaping: 50% (How well the model is finished, Creativity, proper proportions, purposeful pose, emotional response)
-Presentation: 15% (Photography, display, background, paint, paper choice, textures)